• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

technical experts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    These people worry me. I took one to a meeting a couple of days ago and having spoken to him prior to the meeting I realised there was going to be a problem. These people love to trash what has been done previously and openly criticise poor decisions in the past.
    In the end they both agreed that the best solution was to start again - something she had assumed anyway.
    I don't think I've ever seen:
    1. A developer look at a pre-existing application
    2. A web-designer look at an existing website
    With at the very least claiming there are problems, and often that starting over is the best/cheapest solution. It doesn't matter if you've just paid a decent web-design company to create a whole new brand and web-site, another web-design company will invariably find a list of things they've done wrong.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      If they want some shiny suited yes man, send one of your pimp mates along.
      What happens with shiny suits and crisp haircuts:

The Expert (Short Comedy Sketch)
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        You need Suity.
        I can honestly say that I have never in all my years encountered a problem, no matter how simple, where it has ever occurred to me that the quote above is a correct answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
          I can honestly say that I have never in all my years encountered a problem, no matter how simple, where it has ever occurred to me that the quote above is a correct answer.
          That's a worry because I have just placed him to do the job . Mind you he is cheap
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Possibly your fault. I noticed the royal 'we' which means that you already knew about this and should have discussed this previously with your techincal expert...
            I thought he meant he was going to roll his sleeves up and help

Comment

Working...
            X