• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ECHR again...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    No Monster Raving Loony candidates in my area.
    Yeah, me too, gutted Crabby's not on the list

Though I was sadly looking at the voting records of the MEPs in my area here
    I think Farage himself said there's not much point voting for or against EU issues when his party wants out, he doesn't claim the expenses of simply making an appearance in Brussels but spends time here in the UK campaigning.

All the parties have over 90% except UKIP So I know who I'm not voting for.

Now have to work out who to vote for the local elections........
    Vote Labour!
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

PS Wish MRL were standing. Random legislation based on chance and whatever is silliest might deliver better laws than we get from the dogma driven main parties.
      They're standing in the Newark by-election: The Official Monster Raving Loony Party | Vote For Insanity not too sure about Europe though....

The Loony Party are considering bringing out our Non-Halal Manifesto.

With this new manifesto, We get slaughtered at every election and don't have a prayer.
      And I do like their cabinet:

Knigel Knapp – Shadow Minister for blatant lies and big fibs
      Baron Von Thunderclap – Shadow Minister for saving the dodo
      Chinners – Shadow Minister for spinning and bouncing
      The Flying Brick – Shadow Minister for the abolition of gravity
      RU Seerius – Shadow Minister for non committed manifesto commitments.

...They have no european candidates:

We are the only party to launch an election campaign for the Euro elections next Month in which we have no candidates standing and no policies to offer…Another first for the Loony Party
      Last edited by darmstadt; 13 May 2014, 19:29. Reason: MEPs
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

No Jethro P Walrustitty?

Comment

Now we know where AtW gets his political nous from: Secret Squirrel | The Official Monster Raving Loony Party
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

No Monster Raving Loony candidates in my area.

Though I was sadly looking at the voting records of the MEPs in my area here

All the parties have over 90% except UKIP So I know who I'm not voting for.

Now have to work out who to vote for the local elections........
            The UK has 9% of the total MEPs in the EU parliament.

So your happy for half the laws that run your life to be made to be made by the 91% who aren't British and largely couldn't give a damn about what happens here then ok vote
            Labour/ Conservative/LibDem.

On your conscience be it.

On the other hand if you don't like UKIP then please vote for these people :-

No2EU

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post

So your happy for half the laws that run your life to be made to be made by the 91% who aren't British and largely couldn't give a damn about what happens here then ok vote

On your conscience be it.

On the other hand if you don't like UKIP then please vote for these people :-

No2EU
              Proof? This is what I have found, your turn now...

No one agrees on how much legislation and regulation stems from the EU. The 9.1% figure stated by the House of Commons Library is too low, as it only covers Statutory Instruments, not ALL laws; the higher figures of 84%, 75% and even 50% claimed by the likes of Hannan, Farrage and Cameron are based on miscalculations, misunderstandings, or sources unknown, and often derive from parts of the EU other than just the UK – and so with no hard evidence to support them must be dismissed as either too high or inapplicable to the British situation.
              What is the true figure? No one knows. So any claims that state hard and fast percentages should – if we’re being intellectually honest – be treated with equal suspicion.
              Not that any of this is likely to change the opinions of those eurosceptics convinced of the malicious and all-pervading influence of the EU on our daily lives, of course. If you know different, please do let us know – we're interested in the truth of the situation, as without total transparency, such misinformation, misunderstandings and resentments are only going to grow.
              Update, June 2012: A new German study has revisited this topic, focusing on Germany, the UK, Denmark, France, Austria and Finland.
              UK – 15.5%
              Denmark – 14%
              Austria – 10.6%
              France – between 3% and 26%
              Finland – between 1 and 24%
              Germany – 39.1%

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

...They have no european candidates:
                Shame they don't want to be elected as the nearly 60% of voters who don't vote would be encouraged to vote.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post

Lots of presumptions.

My voting paper has parties like BNP, Christian Democrats, Greens.... on it.

Comment

not quite sure I understand this.

Are they saying he was here for 4 years and working illegally and the savings are a result of that?

Or he has been here a much shorter time and he brought the savings with him?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      not quite sure I understand this.

Are they saying he was here for 4 years and working illegally and the savings are a result of that?

Or he has been here a much shorter time and he brought the savings with him?
                      There is a PDF link for the full judgement at the end of the post.

Comment

Working...
                      X