• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Friday Rant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Contractoid View Post
    Ahem!

"Each liquid you carry must be in its own container of no more than 100ml (3.4 ounces)."

Liquids, banned and restricted items | Baggage essentials | British Airways
    Ahem!

"All liquids should be carried in a single, transparent, re-sealable plastic bag of up to 20cm x 20cm (8in x 8in) with a total capacity of up to a litre (approximately one quart)."

Come on then genius. Can you fit unlimited 100ml bottles into a 1l bag?

Comment

Liquids on planes. So we are allowed them providing they are in a container no bigger than 100ml right? As many as we want, so long as they are each in containers no bigger than 100ml.
      Ahem!

"Each liquid you carry must be in its own container of no more than 100ml (3.4 ounces)."

Ahem!

That fit into a clear bag of up to 1000ml

So no, not as many as you want.

EDIT: I see ticktock got there first.

MTT: can you knock another point off the marks out of ten for the OP being factually inaccurate thus knocking them off their soap box. Ta.
      Last edited by Pondlife; 25 April 2014, 14:42.

Comment

No free speech at airport

I was stopped a while back at UK airport for jokingly mentioning "I am not a terrorist". I was arrested and told by a jobs worth that that kind of language is banned. I argued my case re: free speech?

Iasked to see where it was written that there was a restiction on language and told "no you cannot see a copy of the rules".

Comment

Originally posted by JRCT View Post
          Does it matter what shape the bottle is?
          Not to me
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
            No. The rules, https://www.gov.uk/hand-luggage-restrictions/overview

wtf does this mean? 'Airport security staff won’t let anything through if they consider dangerous - even if it’s normally allowed in hand luggage.'
            "containers should be in a single, transparent, resealable plastic bag, which holds no more than a litre and measures approximately 20cm x 20cm"

I reckon 2 or 3 100ml containers would fit in a 20cm square bag?

Comment

Liquids on planes. So we are allowed them providing they are in a container no bigger than 100ml right? As many as we want, so long as they are each in containers no bigger than 100ml. But if I was to transfer the contents of say 3 100ml containers into one 300ml containers that’s not allowed. Presumably the 100ml limit has been scientifically investigated and set accordingly because any more than that, if it was to be manipulated by some naughty person would be dangerous. But 3 times the limit as long as its in separate containers is OK. Well that all seems to make sense…

Also if I have a container bigger than 100ml, say a contact lens bottle which are typically 120ml but its clearly only a quarter or so full that’s not allowed either. But not to worry I can be ripped off in the Airport Boots who will happily supply me with one for 25% more than it costs anywhere else. So that’s alright then.
              It is set in the same way that speed limits are set.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                Ahem!

That fit into a clear bag of up to 1000ml

So no, not as many as you want.

EDIT: I see ticktock got there first.

MTT: can you knock another point off the marks out of ten for the OP being factually inaccurate thus knocking them off their soap box. Ta.
                Accepted but see counterpoint #3. I hereby withdraw the above claim and replace with the phrase "up to approximately 3 100ml containers within the parameters of the 20cm square see through plastic containment device"

Comment

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
                  I had to handover a tube of toothpaste with a couple of squeezes left in it because it's original size was greater than 100ml.

I think there's a limit on how many 100ml containers you can have. Isn't the rule 100ml containers in a 1ltr resealable clear bag.
                  Well you see had you went and squeezed the couple of squeezes left into an empty one that was originally 100ml it would be OK. Admitably this would be practically challenging though...

Comment

Originally posted by pimped View Post
                    I was stopped a while back at UK airport for jokingly mentioning "I am not a terrorist". I was arrested and told by a jobs worth that that kind of language is banned. I argued my case re: free speech?

Iasked to see where it was written that there was a restiction on language and told "no you cannot see a copy of the rules".

The missus was stopped for having nail scissors in her bag. I joked 'they've found you gun' and was told sternly that I wasn't allowed to say that which shut me up. I can't find the rule mentioned anywhere. Can you elaborate on your arrest?

Comment

One of the UK customs guys asked for permission to search my 3yo disabled child's shoes. I told him no. They then examined his water beaker (200ml) and started having a go. Then their boss came over, told them not be be so stupid and let us through.

Unusual to find a customs guy who is polite with common sense in the UK. Most of them are abroad.

Comment

Working...
                      X