• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Improbable Highs When Contracting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    I know you.
    No you don't......

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      Except I usually time my interviews to be one after the other and the offers come in the same day. Now who is
      Me. I don't need to schedule multiple interviews.

All of my contracts so far have been incoming enquiries. I've decided whether I want to go for it, and if so got an interview scheduled. I've turned up, interviewed, walked out and my phone has started ringing.
      The only exception to this was last year when a client wanted two phone interviews - one with the project team in the UK and one with a director in the US.

I haven't had to scrabble about trying to find work, it's come to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
        Me. I don't need to schedule multiple interviews.

All of my contracts so far have been incoming enquiries. I've decided whether I want to go for it, and if so got an interview scheduled. I've turned up, interviewed, walked out and my phone has started ringing.
        The only exception to this was last year when a client wanted two phone interviews - one with the project team in the UK and one with a director in the US.

I haven't had to scrabble about trying to find work, it's come to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
          Never happened to me. All my offers have come within 15 - 30 minutes of the interview, either while in the car or waiting for a train home. I guess my clients have been a bit more eagre to get in me than yours are
          By swapping 2 words, it makes you sound like a prostitute
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Driving to luxury holiday cottage in Devon. Mrs Swamp reviewed and signed contract on iPad while we were on M4. Hands-free call to agent to resign current contract. All good, will work with them again. Great holiday, rate rise, and investment banking gig here we come!

Top contracting moment.

Cats are evil.

Comment

Working...
            X