• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stuff I Made

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    ^^ Absolutely this. Very impressive indeed. The steam punk stuff is great. Loving bag 1 and 2!! Are you a steam punk fan then or just a spot in the market you are aiming at? How do you sell this stuff? Just out of interest how much do you charge for bag 2? That has to be a pretty profitable plan B surely. IMO that stuff is waaaaay beyond a hobbyist.
    I love a bit of steam punk, I don’t actually go out & sell the stuff, most of what you see are gifts for friends, I have done the odd commission if the project appeals to me, but I can’t make it a full time plan B as I need financial security, bag B I guess would be c.£100 I guess

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Can I just add a bit of constructive criticism though... All of the stuff is amazing.. except for the bracelet saying Aaliyah on it. The letters are not straight and kinda detracts from the rest of it.
    Damn you noticed , letter stamps are tricky & yes I need more practice

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    and I'm impressed by how well hoovered your stairs are too!
    I shall pass your compliments on to the cleaner

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Can you make cups/goblets?
    Hmmmm no reason why not, I would have to look in to waterproofing: I don’t pitch or pine resin to hand

But thanks all for the positive comments x
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

Wow!
      Those are amazing, very high quality. I love the steampunk bags, and people WILL pay for quality and origionality.
      Thanks for sharing
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

really excellent.

for Mugs Beeswax & Walnut Oil seem to be the recommendations.

Wooden beer mug
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
          It's the sort of thing I wouldn't mind commissioning someone to make for me if I thought of a particularly interesting design i'd like.
          What I really want is an 8 foot predator made out of scrap metal (motorbike chains for dreads etc), but my other half is having none of it.
          There's a shop in Heidelberg that has one for sale and there used to be a place in Frankfurt that had many similar artifacts but has either shut or moved. You might want to look here: Giganten aus Stahl - Skulpturen aus Altmetall und Schrott and look at their galleries Giganten aus Stahl - Galerien
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Hey Halo - f***ing A!
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Its beautiful and I like the belt1.
              If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Working...
              X