• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK User Guide

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 7 - Signatures.

Due to the limitations of the functionality available on internet forums, signatures provide a valuable way of expressing your personality. It is, of course, impossible for posters to see your cleverly ironic T-shirt or comedy tie. Signatures are therefore available for you to paste some obscure reference that only a few people will understand.

An alternative use of signatures is to passive aggressively have a dig at other posters.

Comment

Chapter 8

All claims of income above £200 per day and/or of assets above £200,000 have been independently verified by an accountant. Make sure you do the same.

It is often unclear whether it is too early for champagne, so always ask for clarification first.

It is considered impolite to post a question in a professional forum without first checking whether there has ever been a slightly related question first. The enhanced CUK search function CUK search function should be used to assist with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        2) Post links to Daily Mail articles that are misinformed, biased or down right lies.
        Can that not be shortened to "Post links to Daily Mail articles". The rest seems tautological.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Chapter 9 - Saving the Day

Whenever you've saved the day, make sure to include a smilie
          I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Make sure you use abbreviations that only those who have posted here since before 2005 will understand.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Chapter 10

Learn the following Grammar
              • Difference between there, their and they're
              • Difference between your and you're
              • Correct apostrophe usage
              • When to use fewer and when to use less

And then ignore all of the rules' as the grammar Nazi's get there power from correcting you
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Chapter 10

Learn the following Grammar
                • Difference between there, their and they're
                • Difference between your and you're
                • Correct apostrophe usage
                • When to use fewer and when to use less
                • When to use too, to and two
                • When to use advice and advise

And then ignore all of the rules' as the grammar Nazi's get there power from correcting you
                FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
                  Chapter 9 - Saving the Day

Whenever you've saved the day, make sure to include a smilie
                  AKA "The Suity Smiley"
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    If in doubt, buy one of these T-shirts (NSFW)

Comment

Oooh, secret santa!

Comment

Working...
                      X