• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The backlash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's amazing how many people are all of a sudden (on ebay) ill and can't go. They still want ridiculous amounts of cash though. Like I said ebay is full of dodgy chavs who wouldn't know the truth if it hit them in the face.

Comment

The fact is that if a ticket cost £20, then Live8 were never going to see more than £20 for it. I really can't see what business it is of Sir Bob "there are millions starving in Africa" Geldof just what the purchasers of said ticket then decide to do with their legally bought ticket. I hope he gets sued by Ebay for his crass comments. Pompous ******! >:

Comment

Is Geldof pompous and hypercritical?
        Yes

Are unfortunate people going to benefit from this?
        Yes

Is it the best way to tackle the problem?
        No

Is it legal to make profit by ticket touting?
        Yes/No, You can be arrested for touting outside venues.

Is it moral to be a ticket tout?
        No

Is it the usual suspects trying to make a fast buck?
        Yes

Are these the people regularly scamming on Ebay?
        Almost certainly

Comment

Chris Martin. Nobody has mentioned him yet. Listed in the dark side of my soul with Bono.

Comment

Chris Martin. Do tell

So how has he annoyed you then?

Comment

Re: Chris Martin. Do tell

Same as Bono really, but I also remember his recent rant against shareholders of companies.

Comment

Re: Chris Martin. Do tell

Fair enough, but to get back on track the original question, (does anyone remember that) was what people, or types of people, will you look forward to getting their comeuppance, when the world turns, as it always does?

Comment

Re: people getting their comeuppance

I rather like this thread. I could go on forever with liars, the pig-ignorant, and those that are both.

Today it is Tony Blair's turn. This morning, this coont said he was desperately keen to encourage sport in schools. The opposite, in fact, to what his government has been doing since 1997.

Comment

Pretty good article here

Sir, sir, come quickly! Blatant rip-offs at 12 o'clock sighted.

Comment

Working...
                    X