• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend Working

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes
    I'll be choosing 1x kitchen and 2x bathrooms, or should I better say, agreeing to what the Mrs chooses.

Milan.
    Milan, me old beans, exactly what we were doing today. Had to take a day off from impending deadlines etc just to satisfy the other half (she who thinks £££ grows on me telling her I work in IT, so that must be right, eh?)

8 hours later with no lunch, I'm fecked off, she's fecked off, I'm pissing off the salesman because I haven't eaten for 12 hours and my breath smells like Chico's knob...

Jezus....
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I had the same potential scenario two weekends ago. In order to avoid it, I just told Mrs Lucifer to go and choose whatever she wanted, on the grounds that if I went, we'd disagree, have a fight, and end up getting whatever it was she wanted anyway.

Seems to have worked fine so far (although I haven't seen the new bathroom suite yet and will do for the first time when it is delivered tomorrow).

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
        my breath smells like Chico's knob...
        So does mine.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
          my breath smells like Chico's knob...
          Chico's breath smells like my knob, err plunger, err whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
            So does mine.
            So 9 out of 10 contractors breath smells like young boys?
            my ferret is your ferret

Comment

is this the new fashion then?

everyone's breath should smell like chico's knob

'chico de toilette'
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I will not be. My £400 per day contract - double on Sundays only lasted two weeks. Shame.
                Back to normal daily rates then.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                  Don't worry Milan, I will work double hard this weekend.
                  BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  DONT FEED THE TROLL

Comment

Originally posted by s2budd
                    I will not be. My £400 per day contract - double on Sundays only lasted two weeks. Shame.
                    Back to normal daily rates then.
                    To be earning a gross of 400 a day, you must be ccna and mcse certified not to mention compaq and ibm or dell?
                    I am only A+ and network + at the mo. From experience agencies and clients dont check your certs. Do you think a ccna and msce would pass on my cv if I could talk?

Comment

Working...
                    X