• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Royal Mail float

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Despite the controversy over pricing, they were always going to underprice to some degree, in order to generate interest -that much was a given. The level of interest has probably emboldened them with future (re)privatisations.

The RM shares seem very stretched to me at this price, but I said that at 450p

Comment

Down to 492 now

Comment

Loving the enthusiasm on here, I have let mine ride but will prob sell if they bounce back over 500. If not, then there are divis coming sooner or later at 6% of my initial price so it's all good apart from the woefully small allocation...

Wondering what to do with the 10k left in the ISA ?
        start here -
        Index fund tactics that can save you a bundle
        There is a nice starter portfolio of funds listed and even a couple of single fund options that provide a nice foundation for a first-timer.
        Oh - and dont start thinking you know all about this share stuff, you dont so stick to low cost trackers.
        Fool.co.uk: Stock Investing Advice | Stock Research is good too.
        GLA

Comment

537 today

Comment

545 this morning. Currently around 530p.

Comment

Anyone got caught out?

Royal Mail shares applicants have Isa allowance 'stolen' | Mail Online

Just for the record, I have absolutely no idea what an ISA is apart from this: Industry Standard Architecture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

This is a non-story especially for contractors because a S&S ISA should be the first thing you max out every tax year, definitely before you touch a pension. So, if you have chucked a load in, get it diverted into trackers ASAP.
                You might think you want to work forever or will always be able to, I like to have options and thats what money gives you.
                It lets you turn down work you don't want to do and insulates you from the insecure working method you have chosen.
                AND, if it turns out you don't need the reserve, it helps maintain your life when work ends, bit of a win win I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  545 this morning. Currently around 530p.
                  I wonder if they'll touch 600 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    I wonder if they'll touch 600 ?
                    574 at the moment and they hit a high of 578 earlier this week so it's possible.

Comment

<la la la I'm not listening>

Comment

Working...
                      X