• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mandolin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Not to mention a senior government official.
    How're you getting on with the mandolin? Just messing with chords or getting the melody in there as well?

Cos it's tuned GDAE there's tons of tab (if you don't read music), for every style - bluegrass, Irish, classical et al. I play mostly celtic style combining chords and the melody and a few Bach cantatas thrown in.

It's a great instrument if you just want to play chords to songs but really comes into its own when playing the melody.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

I love the mandolin. Heard it said once that you never find an unpleasant mandolin player. It's not for big egos.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Loved him in Iron Man 3.
        Can't sleep?

Comment

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
            How're you getting on with the mandolin? Just messing with chords or getting the melody in there as well?

Cos it's tuned GDAE there's tons of tab (if you don't read music), for every style - bluegrass, Irish, classical et al. I play mostly celtic style combining chords and the melody and a few Bach cantatas thrown in.

It's a great instrument if you just want to play chords to songs but really comes into its own when playing the melody.
            Only had it for a few days, but mucking around with chords and melody.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I used to play the harp in a stringed quartet. We did lots of gigs opp norf, even in a disco owned my one Sam Pan Domingo.
              In fact , thats where I lost it one night

I left my harp in Sam Pans disco

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
              X