• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The OCD thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife comments on various things I do due to be lucky enough to be aspergic, for example:

Not getting bored of eating the same food:
    I did 6 months at BNPP and had the same lunch in the same canteen each day. I liked that lunch, there was no need to eat anything else.
    I always order the same meal from my favorite curry house, I like that meal. I might not like a different one and it is the hottest one they do.

Always driving the same way to places:
    I am stumped on this one. I find the best route and always use it, WTF do other people do?!?!?!?

My favorite clothes:
    I have 3x3 piece suits and they are all different shades of grey. I do not care that 3 piece suits are old fashioned and no one else has worn them for a hundred years. I like them so I wear them (this is actually complicated as my daughter locked onto me wearing these to go to work and gets upset when I don't wear them).

Not caring about opinions:
    See above, I don't care whether other people think wearing a 3 piece suit makes me look like an extra from Murdoch Mysteries - I like them.
    At a friends house my nose kept running so I ended up wedging part of a tissue in my nostril so I would not have to keep wiping my nose whilst I did something that required both hands. Her friend thought it was hillarious, I still do not see why.

Not being bothered by repitition:
    I can watch and rewatch films etc without getting bored off them many more times that her. She is sick of Monsters Inc as my daughter has watched at least some of it every day for weeks. I still enjoy the film. I can put a handful of songs on repeat and listen to just them for hours etc.

There are probably more but these seem to be the ones she erm ... 'mentions' the most.
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
    X