• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Move Mt Fuji

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Move Mt Fuji

Had a phone interview with MS last week. Last question was if you had to move Mount Fuji from Japan to US how would you do it. Since read that there is even a book with this title and it's a very famous question.....Doh should have looked it up eh!

a) can they really sort the wheat from the chaff with this question

b) if I passed all the tech questions then gave some lame corporate answer (which i did) instead of a cunning / witty respone should I fail?

c) how would you answer it

Buy the land around mt fuji and declare it as US territory. Voila mountain is now in the US.

Comment

like it

Comment

I'd attach it with a big piece of rope to the moon and it would get dragged round. You would just have to tie it on when the moon is not full, it would keep slipping off otherwise.

Comment

a) Of course not. It is psycho babble.

b) No, see point a) above.

c) The Bible says that if you have faith you can move mountains. So all you have to do is welcome Jesus into your life.

Comment

That's completely silly xoggoth, any self respecting Microsoftie knows that you would build a wormhole, pulverise the mountain with a phaser and the teleport it through the wormhole to the US.

Comment

I'd attach it with a big piece of rope to the moon and it would get dragged round. You would just have to tie it on when the moon is not full, it would keep slipping off otherwise.
              Why not use a net around the moon?

Surely it would have to be a full 'coz Fuji must be quite heavy...

Comment

I find it amusing that a MS developer must know how to move mountains but is not required to know how to stop a 14 yr old hacker from destroying most of their products with a bit of script.....

Comment

<<Last question was if you had to move Mount Fuji from Japan to US how would you do it.>>

a. Fax it.

b. Send it as an email attachment.

Comment

Working...
                  X