• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend plans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaving work at 4 - train to Beaconsfield where I left my car on Wednesday (to avoid the traffic) and then drive to Worcester to get my son. Drive back to the flat near the dome. Saturday shopping and then off with my son to see Eddie Izzard at Wembely....great timing that on Cup final weekend and then back to the flat. Sunday we drive him back to Worcester and then drop the car back at the flat. Me and the wife then travel from Euston back to Manchester and home. Then up at 4am and get the train back! So a fair bit of commuting/travelling!
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
      to see Eddie Izzard at Wembley
      Nice one. Should be good. Enjoy!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
        A 5k park run pushing my 19 month old son in his buggy.
        Which parkrun do you do?

Last week my local run was cancelled, so went to Alice Holt. It had hills! Nearly killed me.

Coming up for my 50th run (and T-shirt!) in a few weeks. Disappointingly I haven't improved much since my first.

Apart from parkrun, need to crack on with my last OU essay. 'Where is the periphery now?' - anybody???

Comment

Weekend started yesterday with Fathers Day which was spent with beer and wurst listening to Dixieland and Soul, Blues and Rock 'n' Roll here:

Today will be a few drinks and a meal with friends somewhere. Tomorrow is Kegel and on Sunday will be going down to the Pfalz where an old friend lives who is the ex-bassist from Manfred Mann who will be performing an acoustic evening of Bob Dylan tunes in a synagogue. Then its back to work...
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Which parkrun do you do?
            Last week my local run was cancelled, so went to Alice Holt. It had hills! Nearly killed me.
            I do the Basingstoke one - no hills thankfully! Hills would finish me off completely!!!!

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Coming up for my 50th run (and T-shirt!) in a few weeks. Disappointingly I haven't improved much since my first.
            50 - wow nice work! I did a 1 mile run in full armour on Tuesday lunchtime. Took me 22 minutes, I am hoping to do better than that when I only have a buggy to push!!!
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              Nice one. Should be good. Enjoy!!

Saw him a few years back so it will be interesting to see if he has improved or got cr@p over time.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                It seems that this is now mine to post every Friday as no one else can be arsed to do it.

So what is everyone doing?
                Well I was toying with driving to Phoenix but have decided to say feck it and go into the office on both days so I can get ahead of schedule to try and get out of the US by the 24th May as opposed to the original date of the 7th June I have.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

My daughters birthday on sunday and we're all off to Harry Potter world that day.
                  Should be fun.

Comment

Working...
                  X