• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Zidane

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIFA?

Is the number of fingers on Frank Bruno’s had.
    HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw
      Maybe in cricket it goes on all the time, but not in football - someone tries that crap on me when I'm playing and they're likley to be on the recieving end of a smack as well (Not that I actually would, but if you got nasty enough I'd be very tempted). And none of those things are aceptable IMO.
      It does happen in football too. I didn't receive much of it myself when I was playing proper football, but when I did I didn't to take it to heart.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
        It does happen in football too. I didn't receive much of it myself when I was playing proper football, but when I did I didn't to take it to heart.
        Not that often in my experience, and for a reason - you do that stuff against someone in a contact sport like football and if you don't actually get smacked you'd be quite likely to be on the recieving end of a mistimed tackle, slightly high. I can't remember ever being sledged in a game, arguements yeah loads, but not slagging someone off.
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Maybe it was just too high brow for you snaw?

There are lots of stories about sledging in rugger...Zinzan Brooke holding up 4 fingers (to indicate how many games played and how many wins the AB's had in the series) to the bok forward packing and then saying "sorry, forgot you guys cant count"

Or my cricket captain in NZ to one of our bowlers "you do that again and Ill drop you"...so the bowler did it again and our captain dropped him...literally, on the spot dropped him

Needless to say, the bowler never did that again

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
            Maybe it was just too high brow for you snaw?

There are lots of stories about sledging in rugger...Zinzan Brooke holding up 4 fingers (to indicate how many games played and how many wins the AB's had in the series) to the bok forward packing and then saying "sorry, forgot you guys cant count"

Or my cricket captain in NZ to one of our bowlers "you do that again and Ill drop you"...so the bowler did it again and our captain dropped him...literally, on the spot dropped him

Needless to say, the bowler never did that again

Mailman
            Yeah, football can be quite high brow ...
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
            X