• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bugger contracting!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mailman
    Is this one of those "its only fair" 100% taxes?

and, did the Emperor Caveat rule Rome?

Mailman
    Excellent

Comment

Without work, all life goes rotten.

But when work is soulless, life stifles and dies.

Albert Camus

Comment

if we count 80k gross income for 200 days in a year, how can you net 60-65k? Isn't that too much?
        Assumes a tax efficient solution

You should be netting at least 70%. I checked UK tax solutions. In Switzerland it is 70% take home and 10% actually goes into a compulsory private pension fund (not some pathetic public sector black hole), which will be paid out in full if you leave the country within 5 years.

So 60K is easy peasy.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Important: when companies house stike off the bank account will be closed and any dosh/assets goes to the crown. So make sure you do it in the right order.
          Well, that's not quite correct. That is what they are supposed to do, but they rarely do it. Leaves a big gaping hole for scam artists.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by janey
            erm surely that should read that you get to jump to the front of the queue to get the same health care as everyone else?!
            No, it means you jump the queue, get diagnosed and cured while the disease is still treatable, and live to a ripe old age, while the oiks around you die prematurely of diseases that could have been treated had they been seen in time. It's not the same thing. Shhhh. Don't tell them.

Comment

closing time

God, I sounded as if I knew what I was talking about back then.

Try searching in accounting (on this board) for posts by me. I have set it out a couple of times. Long one for Paul Paranoia I think

Comment

I have private healthcare anyway (not that it's much use).
                Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Working...
                X