• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bee Keeping

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never kept bees myself, but my sister did and I know a lot about it - absolutely fascinating hobby - I didn't emphasise that enough - bees are amazing.

You will never make any money at it, but it is perfect for someone who likes pottering.

Also, I don't think there are too many people keeping bees, the biggest problem bees have is varroa.

I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Al.
    Back at the coal face

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      That's odd. I read this today and then this afternon I got stung by a bee as I accidentally put my hand on it, only time since I was about 5.

PS The bee was ok.
      Glad to see you didn't get anaphylactic shock Xog!

Comment

Showed how very effective the sting adaptation is as a deterrent. The pain was so instant I pulled my hand away before I put any significant pressure on the bee. Painful very briefly but after about a minute or two I couldn't feel it all.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
        X