• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rates going down...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    ... are there any currencies worth more than UK Sterling?

Yes.
    You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
      INFORMATION ANALYST - NHS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED

East Midlands, 6 - 7 per hour

blah blah blah crap crap crap

What is the ******* point of advertising this type of job? You get more sitting on the checkout of a shop, you can get more in a job which is much more fulfilling. If whoever is advertising this job thinks they're going to get someone then they're obviously got tulip for brains and if the NHS wants to up its ante and stop going to the dogs then they need to sort this type of absolute bilge out.
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        What is the ******* point of advertising this type of job?
        To hire Bobs. You first prove you can't find anyone with GB or EU citizenship who will do the job, then you get permission to hire a Bob.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
          And supervising others...

Am I missing something? I thought the JD said "to work unsupervised". It doesn't say anything about supervising others. And as for "maintaining data quality", that does sound rather like PC-speak for "data entry".

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
            Am I missing something? I thought the JD said "to work unsupervised". It doesn't say anything about supervising others. And as for "maintaining data quality", that does sound rather like PC-speak for "data entry".
            Originally posted by OP
            You will be responsible for the collection, co-ordination and analysis of performance information, co-ordination of the work of 2 support analysts, performance reporting and liaison with the Assistant Director of Performance.
            Supervision included. They want data entry/excel jocky to make sure the PHB's get their nice shiny chart each month.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Supervision included. They want data entry/excel jocky to make sure the PHB's get their nice shiny chart each month.
              I did miss that part of the spec. I not sure if "co-ordination" means "supervision" in this context, though; reading between the lines, I'd say that wording means they're who you get your data from. But I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
                I don't think it does mean data entry. This person will probably be collating reports from others and having to find and fix errors in their reports. Not data entry where they are transposing numbers from one thing to another.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I had a phonecall today from an agency asking if I was willing to do gig for 4 months at £120.00 per day. Has the rate really gone down that much?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    To hire Bobs. You first prove you can't find anyone with GB or EU citizenship who will do the job, then you get permission to hire a Bob.
                    Precisely. What a scam.

And of course this same scam also "proves" that the UK IT industry is in tatters - Jobs that can only be filled by overseas workers => there is nobody in the UK who can do => skills shortage / crisis etc.

How very depressing.

Comment

Working...
                    X