• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oi Admin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I ran an HTTP debug proxy for a while this morning when the thread was active, but didn't see anything untoward. Then again, I'm using Safari on OS x so there's a good chance it wouldn't try to serve it to me anyway

I'll see about getting a spare XP SP2 IE6 VM set up and see if I can catch anything with that over the next few days…
    Cheers. Is that Charles again? Will def give that a go if I see it again, had not thought of using it for that!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    My virus checker was alerting me constantly last night so I turned my machine off as I assumed it was specific to me. Logging back on now it all seems quiet clear. No alerts whatsoever.
    I only had the one warning sign as I said, and that was Firefox saying I needed the Java plugin to view all plugins on the page. Avast was quiet. Prawny said Malwarebytes was pinging for him though so have the 14 day trial of that running as well.

All I have done is kick MySQL so if it was an injection and I cleared it with that then chances are they will be back.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
      Cheers. Is that Charles again? Will def give that a go if I see it again, had not thought of using it for that!

I only had the one warning sign as I said, and that was Firefox saying I needed the Java plugin to view all plugins on the page. Avast was quiet. Prawny said Malwarebytes was pinging for him though so have the 14 day trial of that running as well.

All I have done is kick MySQL so if it was an injection and I cleared it with that then chances are they will be back.
      Yep, Charles Web Debugging Proxy HTTP Monitor / HTTP Proxy / HTTPS & SSL Proxy / Reverse Proxy FTW - makes it easy to see if any unexpected servers are being contacted, and if so there's a chance the referrer header will have something useful in it

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
        All I have done is kick MySQL so if it was an injection and I reset MFs rep again with that then chances are they will be back.
        FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          FTFY
          MarillionFan - Ex-Moderator 21,815 MarillionFan is seldom wrong
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Yep, Charles Web Debugging Proxy HTTP Monitor / HTTP Proxy / HTTPS & SSL Proxy / Reverse Proxy FTW - makes it easy to see if any unexpected servers are being contacted, and if so there's a chance the referrer header will have something useful in it
            Nice find. Thanks Nick.

P.S. Nowt seen here, but I've been on Linux + FF with NoScript and AdBlock Plus most of the time.
            Last edited by Sysman; 27 April 2012, 23:46.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              Actually I don't have a problem, but then I'm using FF and Safari...
              Two browsers - one for her cojak login, and one for her sockie.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                MarillionFan - Ex-Moderator 21,815 MarillionFan is seldom wrong
                Excelent - Hot Pasty is in their rightful place

Comment

Your mum & ...
                  21,817 posts.
                  21,812 with that same 'joke'.

nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    I bet MF is making good headway in to a box of man sized tissues right now...
                    Damn right NLUK. Your mum & those three fellas in that video is hot.
                    Nope, just spreading his usual "rep", very creative by the way MF. Were you pissed again?

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                      Nope, just spreading his usual "rep", very creative by the way MF. Were you pissed again?
                      Oh the irony.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X