• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

nova?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jakes Daddy
    huh ?
    AMX is "the new kid in class trying to join the gang" and I claim my crisp fiver
    i wish i could pay you m8, but ive mislaid my cheque book... somewhere....

Comment

Originally posted by Jakes Daddy
      huh ?
      AMX is "the new kid in class trying to join the gang" and I claim my crisp fiver
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by amx
        i wish i could pay you m8, but ive mislaid my cheque book... somewhere....

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          My then gf had an Opel Kadett... the one thing the Chevette was better for was that she could quite comfortably put her feet on the parcel shelf whilst we were in flagrante...
          Thanks for sharing.
          "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

That's ok; it was the single solitary good thing about the Chevette....

dear dead days beyond recall & all that.

Seats were otherwise atrocious; seriously bad for the back, and Chevettes rusted like crazy.

After one MOT I wondered what the funny whistling noise was: there was a new hole under the passenger seat... that hadn't been there when the thing was tested.

Must have been feeling rather over vigorous in my endevours that week.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Must have been feeling rather over vigorous in my endevours that week.
              The lesson there being that Giant Alien Lizard sex will wear out your car seats.

Comment

And when the Germans are listening to the British weather forecast that are shocked that the country will be covered in mist. The Germans never bought the Rolls Royce Silver Mist either.
                Last edited by Clog II The Avenger; 19 May 2006, 15:23.
                HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

Originally posted by Clog II The Avenger
                  The Germans never bought the Rolls Royce Silver Mist either.
                  Because RR found out what Mist meant in German before the product launch, so it was called the Silver Shadow instead.

http://www.rrocwa.com/Resources/FAQ.htm

"Rolls-Royce nearly slipped up when the Silver Cloud was replaced by the Silver Shadow. The Silver Shadow was originally going to be called the Silver Mist, a natural progression from Silver Cloud. Then someone pointed out that, in German, "mist" means, literally and inelegantly, crap. It's doubtful if many Germans would have wanted to drive a Silver Crap, so Shadow was chosen instead."

20 "facts" about the RR (I use the word "facts" loosely, because it isn't totally accurate):

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews...name_page.html
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                  X