• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving Back

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wendigo100
    About inflation being low - does the figure include some of the most significant chunks of people's annual bills:

* Energy costs - gas, petrol, electricity

* Council services - i.e. council taxes

* Property prices - which someone mentioned above

Probably not, so before you look at the headline inflation figure, remember that each of these are skyrocketing.

IIRC Property prices are the only one not included in the headline figure. Rising energy prices are the main reason inflation has just nudged back up to the 2% mark.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
      IIRC Property prices are the only one not included in the headline figure. Rising energy prices are the main reason inflation has just nudged back up to the 2% mark.
      Fair enough. I thought it would make more of an impact than that.

Comment

John Howard V Tony Blair ... cant say which one Id prefer to pay taxes too. Judging by the comments so far, theres not much to come back to. I never thought that rates in Perth would beat UK rates when comparing like for like in terms of quality of life and standard of living. Here we have a good life, disposable income, but culturally bored. Yes Perth is a city of many cultures, but when you have to fly to Singapore to be in a different one its a bit much. The move back is being considered because of the oppurtunities for theatre, gigs, euro travel, real seasons, noel edmonds back on tv! but of course the financial consideration is paramount. Thanks for all that commented.

Comment

Working...
        X