• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Raspberry Pi

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Because you're a Fanny?

It'll be interesting to see how close to $35 they can make it.
    Well, I am a fanny aboutist, but I prefer the term tinkerer.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Can't get to either of the places selling this
      Me, me, me...

Comment

BBC News - The Raspberry Pi £22 computer goes on general sale

"Supporters hope the machines could help reverse a lack of programming skills in the UK." - we can hope. But I suspect government attacks on contractors and the belief that we are glorified typists is the underlying cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
          Can't get to either of the places selling this
          Just register your interest with RS.

Neither Farnell or RS were geared up for what was going to happen - ******* amateurs, they were warned.

Comment

Just register your interest with RS.

Neither Farnell or RS were geared up for what was going to happen - ******* amateurs, they were warned.
            Yeah, managed to register interest with RS. I've also emailed the Glasgow branch to see if I can pick one up there when they have them, no reply as yet.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              "Supporters hope the machines could help reverse a lack of programming skills in the UK." - we can hope. But I suspect government attacks on contractors and the belief that we are glorified typists is the underlying cause.
              What have contractors got to do with it? The vast majority are, and always will be, permies. The view that contractors are the cream of the profession is about as accurate as the view that contractors are too socially maladjusted to hold down a regular job.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                Yeah, managed to register interest with RS. I've also emailed the Glasgow branch to see if I can pick one up there when they have them, no reply as yet.
                RS kept timing out for me and the other place was as if the site was down.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  RS kept timing out for me and the other place was as if the site was down.

It doesn't surprise me about Farnell. They refuse to use contractors.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Neither Farnell or RS were geared up for what was going to happen
                    RS seems fine. Farnell site is not loading.

Comment

Now registered with RS. No idea about lead times though. Anyone know when they're likely to get stock?

Comment

Working...
                      X