• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Threaded - Denmark

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spartacus
    If you add "and pies" to that, there really is only one candidate.
    Oh, yes, the only Fish'n'chip shop I've found over so far is in Bakken. They do pies.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Thanks threaded & Lucifer!!

Hopefully confirming this weekend...

Lucifer Box: went to the farm this week and cut my own asparagus - hollandaise sauce as well as black pepper and butter within 2 hours of cutting - lovely.

Now on the last of it so making a creamy soup.

My urine smells so bad that I feel I've got 14 different variants of NSU...
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Came back from Copenhagen - very nice - thanks for the suggestions threaded and LB. Wifey has a little upset as it was a holiday on Monday and so the shops were closed.

Didn't manage to get to any of the restaurants suggested LB as they were booked up (we should have booked on Friday evening) but went to the Grønnegade instead - lovely. We had a 6 course taster meal.

http://www.groennegade.dk/

Tivoli a bit like Thorpe Park without the chavs. Spent most of our time out in some of the bars and restaurants, saw the changing of the guard in Amalienborg, there was a parade in the Strøget of scantily clad women in costumes and lots of morris dancers. I'm sure I spied threaded in there somewhere...

Copenhagen definitely appeared to be more chav free and cleaner than London although prices were as high. Food quality, even in the cafes, was very good - seafood very good. Saw the little mermaid and

Depressed within 3 minutes of leaving business class - the queues at immigration were beyond belief as was the idiot at the Heathrow car park barrier insisted he didn't realise you needed to pay the ticket before leaving...I mean FFS, it's even written in Punjabi...

Comment

That restaurant Grønnegade sounds very nice, hyperD. I shall mark that down for closer examination next time I visit. What was the highlight of the menu for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
            That restaurant Grønnegade sounds very nice, hyperD. I shall mark that down for closer examination next time I visit. What was the highlight of the menu for you?
            It's a good one - not Michelin starred but, according to the concierge, something the owners are not particularly fussed about applying for.

We had the Season menu - I've just seen it on the website - my personal favourite was:

Breast of canette from Mireal with marinated rhubarb,
            saucisse of the duck and foam of terragon - morrel stuffed with confit and foie gras served with pommes grand de mere

My wife liked the

Vanilla panna cotta with mint gele and sorbet of lemon -
            lemoncream and chiffon of buttermilk with white chocolate and mascapone in crispy caramel -
            terrine of lemon served with Italian meringue

I'm afraid we wimped out on a really good wine as they were fairly expensive so we settled for

2001 Merlot,Eden Valley,Heggies Vineyard

which I've had before.

Going to attack the farm shop's rhubarb now...

Comment

I nearly tripped over that crappy little mermaid. Seen bigger gnomes in garden centres.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
                I nearly tripped over that crappy little mermaid. Seen bigger gnomes in garden centres.
                That was also a dissapointment for me as well, I thought someone had stolen the original and put in place a kind of joke, what a let down.

The other let down was the red light district which amounted to a few grubby rather sinister back streets, a kind of street of shame if you like.
                Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 6 June 2006, 11:54.

Comment

It is called, and I have previously warned you, the 'little mermaid', because it is little and a mermaid.

Comment

You are right, it's small. But as you said, the best bit was the walk (and a nice breakfast at the cafe near the church).

There was a massive ship parked there - the Blue Moon.

Comment

Public Holidays in Denmark 'til 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X