• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Apprentice (US)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Apprentice (US)

Anyone else watch the US version of The Apprentice currently being shown?

I found that the Americans were more cynical and overtly political in their gamesmanship, whereas the British candidates were better (never thought I'd say that about them!) at the actual tasks but generally less aggressive.

The first American series was brilliant. Now they are in their fourth season back in the States.Not really got into the second series yet.

Comment

They are currently planning the second UK series and want a management consultant to be one of the candidates, as they are likely to possess the 'right blend of intelligence, business knowledge and initiative' to impress Sugar.
      I don't think they've realised winning has nothing to do with being the best; winning is the result of gaining Sugar's approval, not making too many enemies and avoiding the chop.
      Tim's the perfect example of this. Was he the best candidate? No, he didn't really do anything, and in doing so avoided making enemies and wasn't in the spotlight when things went wrong. He also gained Sugar's approval by being an East End lad without a fancy education. Let's be honest, Sugar was never going to pick someone like James or Sebastian, regardless of how good they may or may not have been.

Comment

Working...
      X