• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Victim ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Victim ?

poor wee contractor

Is this guy a victim of greedy agents, or just a plain plonker who overreacted to a piece of information that really didn't concern him, and ended up like the monkey who's fist got stuck in that jar of sweets.

Discuss, abuse or post pronographic pictures.

8)

Sorry Blaster, I don't understand your posting. Why the reference to:-

Is this guy a victim of greedy agents, or just a plain plonker who overreacted to a piece of information that really didn't concern him, and ended up like the monkey who's fist got stuck in that jar of sweets.
    He was ripped off. He should have paid more attention to his finances. This btw is where an umbrella company would have helped, they would chase the unpaid invoices while letting the contractor concentrate on his tasks.

Spod.

Comment

yes yes yes,
      but where are the pictures.

Comment

I suppose the question is whether the same problems would have occurred had he played it cool, or whether the lack of payment is directly related to his tantrum.

The fact that he turned up and did the agreed work means he deserved payment, regardless of any arguments he had with the agency.

Btw, would a picture of Emannuelle Beart's sweet touche suffice?

Comment

I dont know how you can look at something like this in any other way? The guy is clearly a victim of greedy agents.

Lets reverse the roles, how much noise would the agents be making if they were ripped off like this from contractors? I reckon they would be swinging from the trees! :rollin

Mailman

Comment

This guy was so blinded by his anger and with his sights on more money he never chased the bills.

...stupid plonker.

That's like leaving your wallet on the street, with 30 grand in it to chase after a £5 pound note.

...sorry but no sympathy.

Comment

Yes no sympathy however the agent should never have acted like this in the first place. Imagine if you stole £30k from a shop...how much sh1t would you get?

Mailman

Comment

yes yes yes,

...but where are the PICTURES

Comment

but where are the PICTURES
                  Why don't you start? Scotspine told me off for posting pictures

Comment

Sounds like he got stung the same way I did around 2000, had been working with the agency for 2 years when suddenly the payments got "erratic", because I had been with them so long trusted them when they said they were having problems with their new accounts system, accepted the multiple excuses for next two months because project I was working on was in final stages. 5 days before the delivery of the project find out the agency had gone into receivership and I am out about £20k.

Client cannot help as already paid the agency and they are in the situation where they were not even sure if they can pick me up direct for the few remaining days as agency cut some kind of deal where they were selling existing contracts (agency had a lot of contractors places at client) to another agency (who was not going to meet outstanding payments)

Last I heard project was never finished

After 18 months screwing about with the receivers I just gave up and wrote the money off and since then if an agency even looks like they thinking of paying late I down tools.

Comment

Working...
                    X