• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hot date

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I am not - I may have misunderstood what he meant by it, in any case he should not be posting tulip on here and look for a juicy contract or work on Plan B
    I'm stuck in an airport lounge having bought plan A to a successful conclusion for another month. Plan B will get worked on for the next couple of weeks then i'll be back in contractor mode for a few more days.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      SO basically you're smug because you have 3 months warchest?
      And that you rent as opposed to owning a house outright

I genuinely feel sorry for you.

And the area stuff is very debatable
      I'm content because, having jacked in a secure and well paid job in order to return to the uk, which seemed to be quite a risky decision at the time, it turns out that my needs are taken care of, my family is secure for the immediate future and i'm free to do as i please. A larger warchest would be nice to have but it's growing so i can't complain too much. I don't believe owning a house would make me any happier tbh, my missus has several of them and they seem to cause her nothing but stress.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        I'm content because, having jacked in a secure and well paid job in order to return to the uk, which seemed to be quite a risky decision at the time, it turns out that my needs are taken care of, my family is secure for the immediate future and i'm free to do as i please. A larger warchest would be nice to have but it's growing so i can't complain too much. I don't believe owning a house would make me any happier tbh, my missus has several of them and they seem to cause her nothing but stress.
        Your missus owns several houses outright? Lucky fella.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Your missus owns several houses outright? Lucky fella.
          You really believe that happiness is made of bricks don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            You really believe that happiness is made of bricks don't you?
            Not really. Although its nice not to spend your hard-earned on mortgage and rent - also gives you more freedom and flexibilty in life e.g. you can always tell anyone at work to bugger orf without worrying about the roof over your head.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

e.g. you can always tell anyone at work to bugger orf without worrying about the roof over your head.

True. I've calculated how many days I've got left to official retirement (assuming my pension is worth anything or even exists by then ) and I have a big enough war chest to live on a tin of baked beans each day until then. Sorted.

I can also build a mansion out of the tins if I buy them all in bulk now.
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                Update is no update....

All geared up for a night of passion, arranged to meet at a pub hotel where I could have got a last minute room if all going well, al going to plan.

Her father who se met last week for the first time for 10 years caller her over for a chat, which put the brakes on our date plans. Git.......

Going to meet up over the weekend instead though, we are still chatting away quite happily, so all so far is looking good.

Three weeks of chatting an not meeting up is a little weird though!
                Don't worry it's not epicly sad until you've been stood up twice in a 24 hour period by two different women. DAMHIK.

You go from major player to mr muscle guy fairly quickly is that happens.

Comment

Working...
                X