• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The real issue with...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The real issue with...

the atheists and the God haters is that they practice the worst worth of idolatry - they worship themselves. No God or Bible is going to tell them how to live their lives. The selfish, the profane, the misogynistic and the bigoted all find a safe haven on this board - trying to justify their sin with nonsensical historical and scientific theories.

As the Bible says (2 Tim 4)

3For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

The truth of the matter is we are all sinners and we are going to pay for our sins - unless we repent and put our faith into the one person who has paid for our sins - Jesus Christ. Thats it - no amount of insults, head in the sand mentality, fanciful theories about how your ancestors were apes etc ,is going to change that.

Enough said.
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Haven't you got laid or something this week Chico?
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Picadilly circus possibly

Originally posted by cswd
      I'm sure I've seen this guy with a PA at Oxford Circus.
      ahem.
      So where did you get this idea that people who don't believe your fairy stories are less moral than you? Your priest?
      Why not?

Comment

There he goes again, lobbing in the old "Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch" then running away!

Comment

Now you're being silly.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
            the atheists and the God haters is that they practice the worst worth of idolatry - they worship themselves. No God or Bible is going to tell them how to live their lives.
            I do not see myself as one of "the atheists" or one of "the God haters".

I simply am not religious. I am not an ----ist of any kind: many religious people's view of atheism is as if it were another religion.

For me it is not. I do think about the questions raised by religions. The problem for me is that none of them is answered. So I do not believe in a god or gods, and I do not practise, believe in, or sympathise with any religion.

I don't like the sound of worshipping myself, and I hope I don't do it. But indeed, I do not base how I live my life on any bible, or any person's statement of God.

In short, and without being rude or sarcastic, God can tell me how to live my life, if He cares to do so. But Chico can't, the Pope can't, the writers of the Bible can't, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by expat

I simply am not religious. I am not an ----ist of any kind: many religious people's view of atheism is as if it were another religion.
              I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition!!!

<cue ZG>

Comment

Originally posted by expat
                Unfortunately expat, fundamentalist religious nuts like Chico will always dub you a God hater or Infidel, if you do not follow their beliefs.

The fundamentalist Christian nuts like Chico (and they're growing in numbers) are starting to copy-cat their fundamentalist Muslim counterparts.

How long before we get Christian suicide bombers to attack the unbelievers ?

Comment

It could be true

A car was found in flames near a park where we live and nobody admitted that they did it , so the burning bush story may be Ok

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
                    the atheists and the God haters is that they practice the worst worth of idolatry - they worship themselves. No God or Bible is going to tell them how to live their lives. The selfish, the profane, the misogynistic and the bigoted all find a safe haven on this board - trying to justify their sin with nonsensical historical and scientific theories.

As the Bible says (2 Tim 4)

3For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

The truth of the matter is we are all sinners and we are going to pay for our sins - unless we repent and put our faith into the one person who has paid for our sins - Jesus Christ. Thats it - no amount of insults, head in the sand mentality, fanciful theories about how your ancestors were apes etc ,is going to change that.

Enough said.
                    Are you talking about born again Bush - you know, that bloke in the White House - who starts illegal wars for a hobby, forgets the names of prominent leaders during important speeches, and needs an advisor on hand to remind him what day of the week it is. You know, the same geezer that claims he supports the fundamentalist Christian right moral values but actually belongs to a highly secretive satanic ritual based organisation called Illuminati which forms part of another secret society Skull and Bones that originates from Yale University and raids crematoria and collects body parts and indulges in human sacrificial ceremonies.

Comment

Working...
                    X