• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

agent contact database

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chef View Post
    What do you use to keep track of agents contact details combined with what the latest info is re: jobs applied?

The obvoius is outlook for the contacts and an excel spreadsheet for keeping track of applications but Im wondering if there is a better all in one solution out there and also if anyone else uses another method/other programs.
    We use the back of a fag packet, I can let you have a copy for £10k.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      We use the back of a fag packet, I can let you have a copy for £10k.
      A bit of a problem for all those non-smoking agents then? And thinking about it, who needs a contact db as an agent when you simply do a word search on the folder that stores contractor and permie cvs (obviously not seperated) for skills such as "developer" and simply mailshot every contact that comes up..
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Ahh i see, Bento 4, a contact manager for the mac. Great suggestion but then I'd have to buy a mac..
        Get a Mac.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Get a Mac.

HTH
          Aren't Macs for those cravat wearing graphic designer types?

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I'll research an iPad app for this when I get the the end of this contract.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I sold a copy of my "fag packet" to SASGuru, who tells me that he has managed squeeze the names and contacts of all his friends with room to spare to store everything he knows about global warming and IT.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Ahh i see, Bento 4, a contact manager for the mac. Great suggestion but then I'd have to buy a mac..
                The database is stored on my mobileme server and can be updated from my phone or either of me Mac's.

Like all those database things it only works if you spend the time updating it and as such I don't actually apart from the agents that really £$@£$ me off.
                Last edited by scooterscot; 23 May 2011, 13:03.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

What do you use to keep track of agents contact details combined with what the latest info is re: jobs applied?

The obvoius is outlook for the contacts and an excel spreadsheet for keeping track of applications but Im wondering if there is a better all in one solution out there and also if anyone else uses another method/other programs.
                  Oi! That's how I do it!!!!
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

After my first contract I've never bothered. Either an agent has a job for me or they don't
                    The former stay in touch as it's in their benefit, the latter self filter themselves
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                      I sold a copy of my "fag packet" to SASGuru, who tells me that he has managed squeeze the names and contacts of all his friends with room to spare to store everything he knows about global warming and IT.
                      And you'd already filled it with detailed instructions on differentiating between your arse and your elbow.

Comment

Working...
                      X