• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This weekend..........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Oh so you have been to a Primark on a Saturday after 11am?

BTW I'm only getting a top for my fancy dress outfit due to running away last week.
    I just dislike 'shopping'. In my world, a shop is there for the simple purpose of buying something I've already decided I want, so I go in, pick up what I want, pay for it and leave. I simply cannot see the fun in wandering around lots of shops staring in the windows at ways of pissing money down the drain other than a good burgundy.

Luckily, Lady Tester has a similar attitude to shopping, with the worrying exception of shoe shops.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

That reminds me I have to clean the bird crap of my car but it's going to rain.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        Buy a new drill
        Get a DeWalt SDS. Got one for Christmas and it's the puppies nuts.

As to the weekend, Saturday I'll be preparing for a dinner party on Saturday night and watching the rugby.

Sunday, sleeping.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Funny that. My Saturday is ....stock up on wine and watch the French do one of their unpredictables and run rings around England.
          Yes, and if that happens I'll have to keep up the sporting spirit and accidentally chuck a discus at said frog.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            Saturday

Buy a new drill
            Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            Get a DeWalt SDS.
            Is there no end to the variety of anoraks on CUK?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Is there no end to the variety of anoraks on CUK?
              Most of us have Berghaus, or TNF.

Some of the lower paid support monkeys wear something cheap from Millets/Decathlon.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                I just dislike 'shopping'. In my world, a shop is there for the simple purpose of buying something I've already decided I want, so I go in, pick up what I want, pay for it and leave. I simply cannot see the fun in wandering around lots of shops staring in the windows at ways of pissing money down the drain other than a good burgundy.

Luckily, Lady Tester has a similar attitude to shopping, with the worrying exception of shoe shops.
                Oh we could be friends.

I have a list of the 5 items I want and know which shops to target to get them. At most the actual shopping should take me 2 hours with most of it consisting of queuing up to pay for items.

Comment

Most of us have Berghaus, or TNF.

Some of the lower paid support monkeys wear something cheap from Millets/Decathlon.
                  I prefer tweed to anoraks.

But then, I'm old fashioned like that.

Comment

Mine will probably evolve around wine, food, rugby (watching Ireland make a right hash yet again) and maybe some DIY I've been putting off for the last year and possibly some gardening if the weather holds out.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Get a DeWalt SDS. Got one for Christmas and it's the puppies nuts.
                      They are very good for drilling into brick.

I got one after seeing what the workmen doing my flat used.

I will be home in time for England V France
                      Last edited by SueEllen; 25 February 2011, 13:58.

Comment

Working...
                      X