• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aye it's fair breezy over here too. Can see walls of rain moving up the street into unsuspecting pedestrians, quite entertaining.

Last night we had a very localised lighting and thunder storm. Even saw the source of the lightening. A number of car alarms in the street all started blaring
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Very pleasant in London. Sunny, mild, not much wind.

It's no good for toughening up southern softies.

Comment

Full on shafting Glasgow got today, the road is closed with a fallen tree. Wheelie bins got punted across the front garden, the panton chairs in the back garden have been blown across the lawn.

Comment

BBC News - Wind-battered Scotland suffers one death and power cuts

So I believe.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Tree down across the road 100 yards from the house, village main street flooded. Lost a couple of slates as well.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

I ruffled the duvet quite a bit last night. Sprouts with my Sunday roast.
              "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

You ******* British. Always complaining about the weather!

Move somewhere warm where you don't get any wind like Texas, Kansas or Oklahoma.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

It's grim up north. The weather here is 1000 times worse than down south.

Main reason I'm heading back south.

I saw a Geordie collapsed on the pavement the other day, thought it was booze, turns out it was heat exhaustion as it hit 14 deg C the other day for about 3 minutes.

Comment

May has been windy.

The weathermen predicted trees would have a hard time of it because they are in full leaf during this unseasonably windy month. Would have been a doddle in November.

Comment

Trees in leaf make pretty effective wind catchers. And yet in 15 billion years of evolution nature didn,t harness that energy, whether intentionally or by accident. At least not directly in terms of building sugars AFAIK.

Comment

Working...
                      X