• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Work dress code

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    If they said there was no rule against it, they were probably wrong.
    WTSS

In some sites in Germany, not touching the handrail when on the stairs incurrs an HSSE infraction.

Comment

I think we can deduct that discrimination is not outlawed in Germany.

Ahh, I think that they just do not need to have laws against discrimination, I mean then have never historically discriminated anyone group of people, have they?
      Nope, apart from the Jews, Gypsys, Freemasons, Homosexuals, non-whites, can't think of any.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Nope, apart from the Jews, Gypsys, Freemasons, Homosexuals, non-whites, can't think of any.
        Maybe they are not discriminating. Maybe they have all others. is that more politically correct?
        "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Maybe they are not discriminating. Maybe they have all others. is that more politically correct?
          This is where the conversation ends up looking like something from a Monty-Python script.

"I mentioned the war once, but I think I got away with it." - Yes I know that was fawlty towers but the same principle (and actor) applies.

Comment

This is getting out of hand.

Forcing women to wear bra's? Crazy!!!!!

News article

Gotta love the Germans.
            It is ridiculous that breasts are considered sexual. The function of breasts are for the feeding of babies; nothing more. Anyone he takes advantage of a woman’s smooth soft breasts and incite her nipples to be erect while her bosoms palpitate are abusing nature.
            oxo with Sunday lunch

Comment

I thought it was more for the looks. I have seen too many German women without a bra, that should definitely have used one to lift stuff about 20 cms.
              "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                WTSS

In some sites in Germany, not touching the handrail when on the stairs incurrs an HSSE infraction.
                Some sites in the UK too.

I had to have an H&S gonk show me the correct way to walk up the stairs when I got caught not doing that at one client.

I didn't impress when I pointed out once he'd got up the stairs that he'd forgotten to clean his hands with anti-bacterial gel because of all the germs that can be found on handrails.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  In some sites in Germany, not touching the handrail when on the stairs incurs an H&S infraction.
                  Ditto for a UK registered, private sector, previous ClientCo in the East of England.

Halfway up the stairs, carrying some stuff, someone coming down told me I was on the wrong side of the stairs and made me switch to the other side, while they were stood on the mezzanine floor. ******. I was too surprised to tell him to piss off and grow up.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Lola View Post
                    It is ridiculous that breasts are considered sexual. The function of breasts are for the feeding of babies; nothing more. Anyone he takes advantage of a woman’s smooth soft breasts and incite her nipples to be erect while her bosoms palpitate are abusing nature.
                    And what does that say about someone who likes to put his mouth in between two of them and blow, producing a loud farting noise?
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      And what does that say about someone who likes to put his mouth in between two of them and blow, producing a loud farting noise?
                      I suppose that if one is lactating it might produce a Cappuccino effect.
                      oxo with Sunday lunch

Comment

Working...
                      X