• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Winter Tyres

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Our Rav4 did.
    My Mum has a Rav4, and she told me recently she'd got a nail in a tyre which meant it had to be replaced, and cost her £280 for one tyre. I thought she must have been mistaken and they'd given her two tyres for that price, but if they're "all weather" tyres maybe not.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Like any commodity when its in short supply, the price rises, hence, why winter tyres are now so expensive. That's if you can find any supply readily available in the UK.

Regarding the Rav4, this car or at least the previous incarnate, has an unusual tyre size. They are normally very difficult to get hold of via normal tyre retailers and owners generally have to get them fitted by toyota who make a tidy mark up.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
        Regarding the Rav4, this car or at least the previous incarnate, has an unusual tyre size. They are normally very difficult to get hold of via normal tyre retailers and owners generally have to get them fitted by toyota who make a tidy mark up.
        I've seen them online, but yes I think they are an unusual size.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
        X