• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Box Update

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Are you sending it UPS Airfreight?
    nope carrying it myself in my luggage on the train, no new countries involved
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
      and what happens when the FBI, Secret Service, MI5/6, Spooks, various security services around the world happen to chance across that slideshow with their webcrawling snoop systems? They are probably on their way to CUK HQ with an armed response team of 'utter bastards' right now just for publishing the link.

Anyway, is your girlfriend up for such fun and games? If I had explained to my wife that there were hoops to jump through in order to get to her engagement ring I think I'd have heard the words "just give me the f**king key .. NOW!"
      well, we'll see, at no point have I said I intened to put anything other than a ring inside it and anyone reading this read would have to be pretty dim to think otherwise..

gf chef has no idea what's in the box and thats the reason for the backdoor, if she doesnt like and refuses to play along i can always get access and take her to the said island in the spring..

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        I'm guessing she won't know what this box signifies, so it will be a mystery box to her?
        correct

Is the bit in bold going to be received in good humour? Are you sure she won't be too impatient not to jump in her car and just go there on impulse (which is what I'd do).
        as of jan I'll be in the house as i'll be studying, the destination is a 5hr drive away, it's of particular significance to gf chef as she has wanted to show me the place and planned to go there next spring with me so i doubt she'd go alone

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          well, we'll see, at no point have I said I intened to put anything other than a ring inside it and anyone reading this read would have to be pretty dim to think otherwise..

gf chef has no idea what's in the box and thats the reason for the backdoor, if she doesnt like and refuses to play along i can always get access and take her to the said island in the spring..
          Remotely Induced Nerve Gas
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            What's the ring like - sod the box

Honestly though - it's super sweet and I'm sure she will love it!
            The ring is not the engagement ring as such it's a "Pop the Question" ring, I want to go shopping for the actual ring with her. My reasoning being that although I'm fairly certain I know what she wants based on subtle questions while we were looking for a necklace for her birthday I want to make sure she has the ring she actually wants given the time she'll be wearing it.

Before you ladies jump down my throat with WTF is that for a ring? it's not the actual engagement ring. remember it's a german girl I'm proposing too, you need to think more pratical and over here engagement is really not that spectacular event as it is in the uk and engagement rings are not that common, so the expectation of a huge rock of bling does not apply, I know from what I've gained so far something along the lines of this is what we'll end up getting and I've already been told that spending anything over £2k on a ring is just ridiculous and in her own words "what's the point.."
            Last edited by chef; 3 December 2010, 15:00.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              What's the ring like - sod the box

!
              That's what I was thinking outside that disco in Swindon....

Comment

I would deffo go with Zeity's saw idea though.
                she knows me well enough to know that i've put a lot of effort into it, it's her present and if she wants to ruin it by taking a black & decker or axe to it then so be it, she knows how dissappointed I'd be without me saying a word, as soon as she knows where the location is then she'll happily see that as a planning exercise of how soon can we go there simply because I've remembered something she told me on our first date and that location is related to it.

She has patience and she knows me well enough to know that whatever is at the end of it will be worth waiting for as other surprises have proven in the past..

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Comment

Sounds too much like strangulation for my liking.
                    And that MaryP is why your not getting the present and I dont have intentions of proposing to you

It's not a 1 present to impress the whole world, it's a personal gift that will appeal to her. I'm fairly confident she'll be intrigued enough to play along and i'm quite sure she'll be fairly impressed with the effort, I'm also 100% certain that as soon as she realises where the location is she'll be much more impressed as it shows I listen to her and remember important things (2 things she's convinced I don't do)

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Comment

Working...
                      X