• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flowers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flowers

There is are some blokes here talking about the price of Flowers, specifically Roses

I think I'm missing something

any ideas?
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Valentine's Day.

Price of roses have shot up astronomically as a result. I heard figure of £34 for a small bunch.

Comment

Article in the paper today about how Roses are produced and exported from Nigeria. Good business for them but causing massive environmental damage to the country.

So chaps -- a great excuse for when ur Mrs asks you why you didn't get a bunch for her.

Comment

So will I be expected to partake on the ceremonial givving of Roses?

Surely she should be happy enough with the oppertunity to spend some quality time with her offspring (over half term) and the making of copius amounts of suggar filled coffee for the builders.
        Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Why send a valentine to your mrs?

Your other woman, by all means, but the wife? Nope, you've already been ensnared by her!!!

Comment

True the price is shocking, but it's well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky

True the price is shocking, but it's well worth it.
              Isnt that the p*ss of west country yokels that Londoners drink?

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheCrate
                Valentine's Day.

Price of roses have shot up astronomically as a result. I heard figure of £34 for a small bunch.

Flowers are bought and sold on a spot market, so the price goes up and down on a daily, or even hourly, basis according to demand. Valentine is apprantly the high point of the trading year with prices rocketing for the one day and then going back to normal.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

That's free markets in operation for you. For that one day demand outstrips supply* and so prices soar.

*and if you don't believe that, go to New Covent Garden market tonight and you will see florists literally fighting over the flowers.

Comment

Originally posted by Forumbore
                    Isnt that the p*ss of west country yokels that Londoners drink?
                    Look at this way - both offer you countless headaches, a lifelong hangover, and the odd creamy head. However, the beer is always available, on tap, and as good as the first drop you tasted.

Comment

Working...
                    X