• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Artificial Intelligence

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Artificial Intelligence

About to take off finally? Pipe dream?
    Consciousness- understandable by an object referencing itself or forever outside our ken?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru
    About to take off finally? Pipe dream?
    Consciousness- understandable by an object referencing itself or forever outside our ken?
    There are a couple of people on this board who seem to display "artificial" intelligence every day.

Comment

Yes Chico was surpassed back in the early eighties with the Spectrum ZX81.

Those were the days. Still remember my excitement when I got a Spectrum for the first time. Then a Commodore 64 (Peek, Poke) then a Sinclair QL.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        I gotta Tatung Einstein... disk drives & all.

That rings a vague bell ...Was that one of the MSX machines? remember how everyone was tulip scared of the Japanese at the time?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          I gotta Tatung Einstein... disk drives & all.

I got a BBC Micro with Maxtor drives which was fun until the Beeb went all politically correct
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Good memories.

Although in retrospect I wish I hadn't gotten hooked on computers in my teens. I might have been a rich lawyer by now and wouldn't give a tulip about globalisation
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Acorn Atom, bought used. And a Dragon from Wales.

I wish I had pursued the computing rather than wasting time in research. I'd be a lot richer than I am now. Who gives a tulipe about working for the benefit of humanity.

Comment

We used the Tatung Einstein at Ocean as a cross-development environment.

Comment

Working...
                X