• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

E101 takehome...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    I prefer the orange stuff...
    Orangina
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
      Orangina
      Nope, the orange coloured label!!!

Comment

I prefer the orange stuff...
        Ach... I thought you liked the pink stuff, come to think of it, I drank most of it, I guess

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
        Orangina
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Sunnyboy - it's traditional to throw a welcome party for newcomers to General. We'll drink your booze, wreck your kitchen and poison the goldfish. Sorry.

I think what you take home will depend on a number of factors - expenses spring to mind - so I'd post this in Accounting and/or talk to an accountant.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            Ach... I thought you liked the pink stuff, come to think of it, I drank most of it, I guess

We're not married yet and I know not to get between you and "pink"

Comment

Originally posted by sunnyboy View Post
              Hello all

My first post here

I am new to contracting, and have just started a 6 month contract in Germany (might be extended).

I am getting paid through a Payroll Management Company, who applied for an E101 for me.

My concern is if my take home is correct (or am I being exploited due to my lack of experience in contracting...and no source to turn to for guidance).

I've heard that contractors can take home upto 75-80% through a payroll management company.

I am single and with daily rate eur550, what % take home can I expect?

pls help!!!
              Yes you can take home 75-80% of your take home until the Finanzamt catches up with you, and then you're for the high jump, we're talking not tax avoidance, but tax evasion.

The take home for a bonafide solution is more like 65% perhaps a bit more for an optimal solution with expenses. Make sure everything is declared in Germany no offshore rubbish, or split income.

The most effective tax solution is to setup in Germany as a Freiberufler, but I can imagine as an employee paying British NI it aint too bad. You can do that for two years I believe. After that the German Sozialversicherung and health insurance is horrendously expensive.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                Yes you can take home 75-80% of your take home until the Finanzamt catches up with you, and then you're for the high jump, we're talking not tax avoidance, but tax evasion.

The take home for a bonafide solution is more like 65% perhaps a bit more like an optimal solution. Make sure everything is declared in Germany no offshore rubbish.

The most effective tax solution is to setup in Germany as a Freiberufler, but I can imagine as an employee paying British NI it aint too bad. You can do that for two years I believe. After that the German Sozialversicherung and health insurance is horrendously expensive.
                Yeah but once you start paying the full whack you can then claim reasonable benefits when you're unemployed. Don't know the full details as I only did 18 months over in Kartoffel-Land.

Comment

Originally posted by sunnyboy View Post
                  Why get out of Germany...I prefer the work culture here...stress free contracting...rather than in uk...where i was smothered by my blonde-B manager...and that too in a permanent role...
                  Smothered by a blonde manager? I'm not sure the mental image that conveys is what you meant, but I like it.

You might like to re-post this in accounting for proper answers. I'd move the thread but a party's kicking off. Hand me some of that pink Veuve, CM.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                    Smothered by a blonde manager? I'm not sure the mental image that conveys is what you meant, but I like it.

You might like to re-post this in accounting for proper answers. I'd move the thread but a party's kicking off. Hand me some of that pink Veuve, CM.
                    Have mine, I'm sticking to the beer.

Comment

Have mine, I'm sticking to the beer.
                      It's a nice day, maybe the CUK men could get a BBQ going.

Let's raid the fridge.
                      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                      X