• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pair Programming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost

It's been nice knowing you.

The ice he is treading on is so thin that he should have signed up for lessons in walking on water.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      It's the most stupid idea in the collection of stupid ideas that make up what is now thought of as agile.
      Could an article on The Onion: "Software world rocked as old-timer derides new ideas"
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Agile has morphed from something quite simple into some contorted monster.

It becomes a religion in companies and they get fed upon by cultish consultancies that tell them absolute anything to keep the staff coming back for ludicrously expensive courses. It is more akin to scientology in here than a software process.

Comment

I don't like pair programming (I get bored) but it sounds like the guy is using the SVN 'problem' as an excuse for the fact that he hasn't got anything working. Shoot him.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
            Another disturbing glimpes into your mind
            I can show you a hole in the wall where if you climb through it you enter the mind of MarillionFan for 15 minutes before you land onto a grass verge next to an M25 offramp.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
              I don't like pair programming (I get bored) but it sounds like the guy is using the SVN 'problem' as an excuse for the fact that he hasn't got anything working. Shoot him.
              I'm sure I have pulled the source control stunt as well once.

Comment

I must admit I thought it was called "peer programming". Must be working with too many Geordies.

A friend of mine has had to do this where he's working and he hates it. Mind you, he's bad enough when it comes to interacting with people on short phone calls, let alone having them sitting right on his shoulder talking about the football or Lost or something while he's trying to program.

I enjoy collaborating with other developers to fix things we both know half of (like a combination of JSP with CSS and JavaScript or something). But only for one-off fixes and that, not all day long.

Comment

Just thought I would let you know that the cunning plan failed completely. He's going to get 'svn working tomorrow as someone downstairs had the same problem and fixed it'. This was said while on the phone saying 'I'll be at the front of the building shortly' to his mate. Still it looks as if I'm swapping to a different part of the project at the start of next week so sod it. Oh, and it's a Bank Holiday weekend. Double bonus.

Comment

Working...
                  X