• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wasp Killer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ring the council's pest control department. They do come out even to privately owned properties in their catchment area. They are relatively quick, cheaper than a private contractor, the stuff they use works perfectly, and they give you advice about how to prevent recurrence. This is part of what you pay your council tax for.
    Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

I spoke to Environmental health and they told me to ring the local Bee Keepers Association.

Quite funny as because when i rang the guy went 'Hello. Pest control!'

I asked him if he was the Bee Keepers Association and he said 'yeah I do that as well'.

I described the beers and he told be they were harmless and just lived under the tiles for about 6-8 weeks and were protected.

Dont think they're going to do any harm. No more than 100 buzzing around I reckon so will teach the little ones how to play tennis.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        I described the beers and he told be they were harmless.
        I'll remember that on Friday
        Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

We had one the size of a beachball in our attic when I was a child - I took it into school for show & tell once dead. The loony part is how my dad killed them.
          He got a standard can of bug-spray, and a straw from a can of WD-40. Using this he carefully pushed the straw into the nest and just pulled the trigger until the can was empty.

He repeated this daily until new dead wasps stopped appearing. Apparently it took over a week. Somehow he didn't die.

I have another wasp story where he nearly did die, maybe later...
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I've used Ant Powder to very good effect on several wasp nests. You just dust all around the entrance and it zaps them on the way in and out.

Comment

There you go:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I've had a couple of wasps nests - if it is wasps, don't muck about, get a professional to sort it. Both times, even using a bloke (once from Council, once private) the wasps got really really angry and went after the dude - I was glad it wasn't me with the can of stuff I bough from B&Q and never used.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                  the wasps got really really angry and went after the dude
                  That's part of the thrill.

It shouldn't be too bad at this time of the year when they are just getting started. As I discovered, late summer is a bit more hairy.

Comment

Working...
                  X