• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Spring Bash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    I see we have a few more takers, which is nice, hopefully those on the maybe list will make on the night in question.

Just wondering if we can get some volunteers to turn up earlyish; say 5pm/5.30 to grab some tables, in order to book the room it would cost a bit, but by some getting there early we can nab a table or 3.

The upstairs normally has a few after work suitsfrom pwc, but most of them seem to be commuter types having a beer before their train at charing x and are usually out of the way after one pint.

Anyone?
    How much to book? To be honest loads turned up to the one I went to?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      How much to book? To be honest loads turned up to the one I went to?
      When I enquired they were rather evasive about exact amounts. I got the impression we'd have to drink a minimum amount to avoid being charged (and order food).I think it's a bit of a cheek given that the pub is the semi-official CUK London Laydees boozer.

Edit: perhaps we should get Dodgy to call them
      Last edited by Zippy; 10 March 2010, 22:43.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Also bear in mind that, from past experience, probably fewer than 50% of those who say they're going to be there will actually turn up

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Also bear in mind that, from past experience, probably fewer than 50% of those who say they're going to be there will actually turn up
          Mmmm. I think that's just you nick. To be honest there's always a large group with baseball bats waiting for me at the ones I turn upto! Costs me a fortune in drinks.

At the end of the day were contractors we can afford it!!!
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

...the one I went to?
            ...the ones I turn upto!
            Interesting transition from "the one I went to" to "the ones I turn upto" there

Having been to the 2007 Xmas do in London, the 2008 Summer do in London, the 2008 Xmas do in London, the 2009 Xmas do in London, and the 2010 Nottingham do - none of which you attended - I would suggest that your guesstimate of the number that might actually show up is based on a smaller sample than mine.

Still, if you're willing to go to the venue and use your own money to book the room in advance, then those who do turn up can reimburse you for their share on the night.

Fancy those odds?

More importantly, do those who plan to turn up on the night fancy those odds?

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              He won't need to wear a carnation - http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/...50_468x635.jpg
              His wife is gorgeous!!
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                His wife is gorgeous!!
                Well if I have got it right....
                a) Technically she is not his wife....
                b) They are not together...

So you are in with a chance...... Try a PM to Helen!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Which is why some of us are none too keen on fronting lots of cash only to find the numbers are minimal yet again.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

balls I am away with the gf that week

have to catch you in the summer long nights booze sesh then
                    Last edited by Swiss Tony; 11 March 2010, 11:21. Reason: can't spel
                    "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

I chose Yes, but I should have picked No.

Story of my life.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
                      X