• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT folk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chef View Post

FTFY
    And de British trains hef de wrong door hendles and de Soviet trains are so much better!
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      And de British trains hef de wrong door hendles and de Soviet trains are so much better!

You are testing the limits of my patience now Mich...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        C# permanent ones, and a possible short contract PHP site to Perl/Catalyst conversion.
        Did someone say Perl/Catalyst?

That's one of my specialities, normally with DBIx::Class (a perl module usually used with Catalyst). And I've had PHP contracts too.

Seriously, AtW, PM me a sketch of what you're after and maybe we can start something.

But don't delay - I'm already negotiating a two-month piecework contract for, you've guessed it, a Perl/Catalyst CMS, like one I did for another client.

edit: and I've also had a C# .Net contract. So I'm pretty familiar with that, although slightly rusty.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

You are testing Mich...
          It’s what I do.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

@Owlhoot: some top tips

- take a lower daily rate and get paid partly in shares
            - take some nuts if you have an interview, it's a winner for sure
            - agree with everything AtW says, again a winner
            - suggest as an offhand comment that those people who short on shares should be imprisoned
            - tell him what you had for lunch and ask what he had
            - say "wow, that is some Super Killer Application" you have got going there
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Yeah, it's London prices here - I realised that last week whilst on the train from London looked at paper ads, and it's like - wtf, seems bigger houses for less now in London!
              Your talking tulipe there.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                @Owlhoot: some top tips

- take a lower daily rate and get paid partly in shares
                - take some nuts if you have an interview, it's a winner for sure
                - agree with everything AtW says, again a winner
                - suggest as an offhand comment that those people who short on shares should be imprisoned
                - tell him what you had for lunch and ask what he had
                - say "wow, that is some Super Killer Application" you have got going there
                - try not to picture a Meerkat sat across the table from you in the interview
                FTFY!
                Last edited by Churchill; 23 February 2010, 12:52.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Did someone say Perl/Catalyst?
                  PM me, bear in mind it's in Birmingham, but we can do flexi time +/- 1 hour from 9am.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    FTFY!
                    Simples!

Comment

Originally posted by AleksandrMeerkat View Post

Comment

Working...
                      X