• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sky HD

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    OK so if I've got a Sky dish but want to buy a Humax for another room, can I use the Sky dish to connect up to the Humax box?
    I think you'd need to make sure you had a quad lnb (dish widget) - Sky+ takes 2 IIRC, so you'd have 2 spare.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I bought the HD box on ebay for about 70 quid, I am going to fit a 2tb disk into it to give about 900 hours recording.

Had to sign up for 12 month despite being on a monthly TV deal. Feckin Bobs in the call centre as well.

58 quid a month and they ain't getting anymore out of me, have a freestat card for the other rooms.

Comment

Sky launches 1TB Sky+HD box
        Bigger box in preparation for VOD and 3DTV services

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/3111...-1tb-skyhd-box

Sky has announced the launch of a new Sky+HD box which can store up to 240 hours of high definition television with its 1TB capacity.

The new Sky+HD 1TB goes on sale from today at a price of £249 and as well as the larger capacity offers access to Sky's 37 HD channels, the new HD Sky Guide, Sky+ and Sky Anytime.

"We want to offer people as much choice as possible. We know customers are happy with the storage on our standard box, but the Sky+HD 1TB will appeal to people who want to watch and store even more HD TV", says Hilary Perchard, Sky's director of product management and marketing.

The Sky+HD 1TB box is available with a Sky+HD subscription which is from £10 per month with installation costing £30 for new customers and £60 for existing customers.

The box will also work with Sky's coming-soon video on demand options and 3DTV services (although a 3DTV will also be required).
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
        X