• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gobble

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought this post might be about something else for a minute there....
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      I wouldn't eat it. Food poisoning is unpleasant.

Expensive... for those that don't get paid when sick...

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        I thought this post might be about something else for a minute there....
        Reminds me of an old song I know to the tune of Michael rowed the boat ashore.

Anway, as long as the turkey has been safely frozen for the year then there will be no issue with the taste or quality. If you can be assured of that then go for it. I was a butcher for 5 years and although we would never have given a frozen bird from out freezers for sale there is no issue with eating one that has been totally frozen. Usual disclaimers apply.

Comment

There are millions of people starving and you want to throw food away.

Get a conscience man, give it to the mother in law.

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Frozen supermarket turkey should be safe for years, given the way they pump it full of brine under high pressure, to increase its weight (*), and reduce the risk of food poisoning for people who leave the cooked turkey lying around for days over Christmas.

Damn, reminds me, I haven't got round to ordering my goose yet. It's probably too late now.

(*) The supermarkets claim the brine treatment is designed to make it more juicy.
            If it is "Guaranteed Salmonella Free" then it has also been irradiated with a very powerful Cobalt-60 source...

So if it's been kept chilled, well, even as long as the bag hasn't been opened, it'll last like the Pharaohs.

Safe to eat, no worries.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              There are millions of people starving and you want to throw food away.

Get a conscience man, give it to the mother in law.
              She is coming round christmas day to do her usual ruining thing.
              I could always cook it up anyway. A "special xmas turkey" just for her.

Comment

We once had a Haggis in the freezer for 3 years which we had to eat as it was the last remaining edible thing in the household. It was bloody disgusting once we had clubbed it to death after it had been thawed.
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I'd eat it. I'm not a fan of sell by dates - if it smells or tastes off it's off, else it's Ok to eat IMHO.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                  X