• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK weekend break

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spacecadet
    This looks like it could be real:
    Nope. All written by the same person as put in the phone numbers.

When (s)he is on their medication, they go away. But a couple of times a year their health issue flares up and they make themselves known again. Once you've seen the cycle a couple of times the pattern becomes familiar.

It is not uncommon for those on psychiatric medication to want a holiday as they make you feel 'comfortably numb', but the comfort becomes paranoia too. So when the prescription runs out, they sometimes do not start taking the new lot to remind themselves of what it feels like to be 'alive' again. Then the manic symptoms start again.

Eventually it slows and stops. Whether that is the tricyclics finally kicking in or some other self-administered medication is hard to say. I expect they (or a family member, or the counsellor or the MIND volunteer) recognise what they are doing and they start taking the tablets again.
    Last edited by BrowneIssue; 21 October 2009, 06:26. Reason: Can't type with cold, stiff fingers this early in the day
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Holiday is over, looks like the admins finally sat up and noticed
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        Holiday is over, looks like the admins finally sat up and noticed
        As has London City Mum herself: http://londoncitymum.blogspot.com/20...k-vs-bite.html

Since the LCM blog (abbreviated version) started a couple of weeks ago in the Evening Standard online, I had actually forgotten some of the posts that were sent through to the editor in the run up to it going live. Some of the more observant amongst you - and there are many - might have noticed that the topics (all 200 odd words of them) lag a little behind the LCM blog proper.

What I found most intriguing, indeed rather intimidating at first, was that one of the posts went from having zero to 78 comments in the space of a couple of hours. Besides the nature of some of the comments themselves (I guess this is where it really shows if you have a thick skin), I was amused to see that someone was also posting replies, posing as myself, aka London City Mum.

"Moderator! Foul play!" I cried. Then I sat back and thought that actually, this whole lot of people had taken the blog into another environment altogether, that the purpose of my post (a lighthearted view on juggling family, kids and career) was totally forgotten as they bantered amongst themselves, frequently using 'me' as their punching bag.

You know what? There are a lot of very peculiar people out there.
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz
          An ex-member, I believe

Think paranoid-delusional, obsessive-compulsive, banned... unless it's the one who keeps doing stuff and pretending it's been done by the paranoid-delusional, obsessive-compulsive, banned one

Let's see if anybody feels the need to get defensive about that last bit. (PMs about this will be made public.)
          Indeed Nick - what a shame that whoever it was that posted the last comments had to take things too far. For the record, I didn't see any of the comments and didn't post any either.

The sad individual clearly has no life and loves to be the centre of attention. No doubt on their "other" outlet, we will get a pasting.

Whoever you are and I suspect I know exactly.... **** off and Die.
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            Indeed Nick - what a shame that whoever it was that posted the last comments had to take things too far. For the record, I didn't see any of the comments and didn't post any either.

The sad individual clearly has no life and loves to be the centre of attention. No doubt on their "other" outlet, we will get a pasting.

Whoever you are and I suspect I know exactly.... **** off and Die.
            Comments deleted, what did I miss? (PM me if it's too rude to say publicly)!
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
              Find us an unmoderated blog and we'll do it all again for you...
              Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                I didn't see them thankfully, but I can imagine...
                Bazza gets caught

Comment

For the record, I didn't see any of the comments and didn't post any either.
                  How many of you actually posted there? Was it mainly just one person assuming various CUK identities?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    How many of you actually posted there? Was it mainly just one person assuming various CUK identities?
                    There is only one of me and I didn't post.
                    Bazza gets caught

Comment

There is only one of me and I didn't post.
                      And thats more than enough for the rest of us
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X