• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Single Travel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Why would you want to go on holiday without your partner? Where's the fun in exploring new places without someone to share it with?
    Exactly.

I enjoy it for a couple of days then start pining for the missus

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
      Exactly.

I enjoy it for a couple of days then start pining for the missus
      Me too
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Nothing wrong with B*ggering orf while the permie stays at home.

i've used www.intrepid.com when heading to countries that it's not to easy to get round in on yer own.

Groups no more than 12, though when i went to China, there was only 3 of us, which was great!
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Me too
          Did a lot of traveling as a young, single man but oddly, can't remember that much about it. I look through the photos I took and feel almost nothing.

It stuck me later in life that going to places only becomes significant when there's someone else to share the experience and when you can remember it together.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Me too
            Agreed I would love to but shes only got a couple of days holiday left till middle of next year. I fancy something more than a day trip to Swindon

Comment

Originally posted by weemster View Post
              Shes only got a couple of days holiday left till middle of next year. I fancy something more than a day trip to Swindon
              It's good value though. A day in Swindon is like a week anywhere else.

Comment

Shes only got a couple of days holiday left till middle of next year. I fancy something more than a day trip to Swindon
                Have you been invited to Prawn acres ??
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Have you been invited to Prawn acres ??
                  Missus is allergic to prawns

Comment

Morning All,

Have done a fair bit of travel and am looking to do more. Partner is very low on holiday (permie). I was wondering if any of you have experience of some of these companies offering solo group travel and any experiences they wish to share.
                    I would be mightily pissed off if my partner went on extra holidays that I couldn't go on for reasons of holiday allowances.

I would expect holidays to be taken together and if they had extra time they could use that to do odd-jobs, retail therapy, seeing friends or even spending the day drinking wine in front of the TV I wouldn't mind, but going on holiday would be unacceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetandsour View Post
                      I would be mightily pissed off if my partner went on extra holidays that I couldn't go on for reasons of holiday allowances.

I would expect holidays to be taken together and if they had extra time they could use that to do odd-jobs, retail therapy, seeing friends or even spending the day drinking wine in front of the TV I wouldn't mind, but going on holiday would be unacceptable.
                      Yes it is very difficult to juggle things likes holiday if one of you is a permy - C'est la vie !

Comment

Working...
                      X