• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Goole

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goole

Got an interview up there next week for a public sector role that doesn't pay very well. Not sure if it's worth the while flying all the way over there from Spain, wish they'd do it over the frikkin' phone FFS, thought the public sector were big on green initiatives these days.

Anyway, my question is what's Goole like? Is it nice? It sounds a right tuliphole just from its name, but I may be proved wrong!

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    Anyway, my question is what's Goole like? Is it nice? It sounds a right tuliphole just from its name, but I may be proved wrong!
    Think of Springfield after a nuclear winter and you will be starting to get close.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
      Got an interview up there next week for a public sector role that doesn't pay very well. Not sure if it's worth the while flying all the way over there from Spain, wish they'd do it over the frikkin' phone FFS, thought the public sector were big on green initiatives these days.

Goole..... sounds shuddery!

Sorry anyone from Goole....
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

People in Goole aspire to live in Hull.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
          People in Goole aspire to live in Hull.

HTH
          That's frightening!
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Goole, like Hull, is tulip hole.
            Most of the local area was supported by mining so it has been depressed for a number of years. The coastal area used to thrive on fishing, but EU fishing quotas have put paid to that, though the East coast still has some superb places to visit.
            Having said that, the inland area has some of the most magnificent scenery in the UK and if you like village life you could find yourself in an idylic location.

Avoid the old towns and you will be OK.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Princes quay shopping area in Hull and the town centre seemed ok to me when I was there last year, although it did get a bit rowdy when the sun went down

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                Goole, like Hull, is tulip hole.
                Most of the local area was supported by mining so it has been depressed for a number of years. The coastal area used to thrive on fishing, but EU fishing quotas have put paid to that, though the East coast still has some superb places to visit.
                Having said that, the inland area has some of the most magnificent scenery in the UK and if you like village life you could find yourself in an idylic location.

Avoid the old towns and you will be OK.
                Goole is inland......
                (And a dump)

Nowadays Goole port seems to just be used for importing asylum seekers.

It wouldn't have happened under the tories.....
                Still Invoicing

Comment

I come here ready to see scathing remarks at misspelling Google in the title, only to find Goole is a real place? That's no fun at all.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I went on a canal trip at school that ended up in Goole. That's about all I can remember about it.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X