• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B - A Concept

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rabiddog View Post
    Back and not sulking anymore - sorry.

Seems to me that there's an awful lot of skills just waiting to be put to some, call it co-operative, use.

There are straight techies of every flavour (h/ware and s/ware), TPMs, PMs, TDAs etc.

There will be people with all the business know how you could wish for, most of us run Ltd.s, there's geographical distribution, we'll have total sector coverage between us and niche specialities too.

And then you start to think of the networks and contacts.

You could call it a co-operative, hey, you could call it a self help group if you wanted, but it certainly wouldn't be a consultancy - more focused on doing it than talking about it.

As far as resource goes, it rolls, there will always be people on The Bench for whatever reason and whatever the prevailing market conditions.

The USP is already there.

Sure you'd have to dot i's and cross t's, sure they'd be details to sort and sure all that takes time - but that's something I'm not short of at the moment !

At worst, it gives you something to do after the daily job search grind, shopping, cleaning and drinking is over - don't know about you lot but there's only so much day time TV and scampering on the net I can stomach.
    Can I be the head of the treasury department
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post

Can I be the head of the treasury department
      Nope, thas my job description, and CFO, and Chief Accountant, and Boss auditor, and Bloke in charge of petty cash, and ? Can I claim for a second home/business premises/au pair ?

Seriously, lots of people talk about marketing - I've got those skills i.e. B2B, B2C, web (banners, clik thru etc.) and old fashioned stuff too.

Comment

Working...
      X