• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Going Private

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going Private

Does anyone on this forum use a private GP? My NHS GP is completely crap, and the alternatives in the area don't appear much better. I'm toying with the idea of going private but wonder if it really is worth it (plus I'm always suspicious of anyone who has a financial interest in keeping me ill!).
    Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

I've got 3 white doctors to choose from at my surgery!!

Who needs private?

All the Indian doctors that invaded the UK during the 60's have either died or retired
    Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Trust in God, "He" is the only doctor you'll need!

Ask Chico, eight out of ten religious maniacs say it's true.

Comment

I would not pay attention to Marcus Aurelius as it said that 74.6% of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
        Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

You're in fine form today, MA

Is it really so difficult to find a good GP in this country??? And you have no chance of booking an appointment less than one week in advance unless 'it's an emergency'. If it was an emergency I wouldn't bother the GP I'd be calling for an ambulance
          Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Go the natural way.............
            Why pay for something that could be free? Simply boil some nettles in a large pot then add some rats gonads and simmer for 4 hours. Serve with luke warm goats blood.
            Serves 4

Who needs the NHS??

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
              Does anyone on this forum use a private GP? My NHS GP is completely crap, and the alternatives in the area don't appear much better. I'm toying with the idea of going private but wonder if it really is worth it (plus I'm always suspicious of anyone who has a financial interest in keeping me ill!).
              The average UK NHS GP Consultation is about 7.5 minutes, not alot of time.
              Because NHS Trust budgets are in trouble they might not want to investigate further.

I go every few years for a Health Screen, they do all the tests in one go and you get a whole hour with the Doctor to talk about anything you like.

At the end you get a full written report and all the results (an MOT certificate)

http://www.nuffieldproactivehealth.c...lth_assess.asp

Nuffield and BUPA offer various programs

Costs anything from £150 - £400 depending on how far you want to go.

If you think you have something really bad then you could try this (I have not):

http://www.lifescanuk.org/services/index.php
              Last edited by ancient; 31 October 2005, 19:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
                I would not pay attention to Marcus Aurelius as it said that 74.6% of all statistics are made up on the spot!!

It bloody worked though, didn't it? You had to throw your oar in, you just couldn't resist. Your type are so predictable.

Now, do us all a favour and get run over by a bus. After all, it'll be "His" will...

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix
                  Go the natural way.............
                  Why pay for something that could be free? Simply boil some nettles in a large pot then add some rats gonads and simmer for 4 hours. Serve with luke warm goats blood.
                  Serves 4

Who needs the NHS??
                  He is a member of this forum also? That's not very nice...

Comment

Working...
                  X