• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Android cometh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    So what does it say about Linux when Android's been out 5 minutes and major manufacturers are excited and Linux has been out for decades and still lives in the dark ages?

Linux will never displace Windows, but something else from Google, Sony or Apple have a very good chance.
    What Churchill said plus to expand on that marketting the O/S releases has always been considered a bit "wrong" by large chunks of the linux fraternity. Many Linux users are techies or at the least enthusiasts, as a result it's percieved as a hobbyists O/S, a techies O/S or a geeks O/S rather than a mass user O/S.

Edit. Zeity wrote it better than I did

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Sandals, socks & beards.
      That's more like the problem.

A client had RedHat, I inserted an SD card, and nothing happened.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
        That's more like the problem.

A client had RedHat, I inserted an SD card, and nothing happened.
        Surely you would have known that'd be the case, a man of your obvious (although self professed) great intellect and technical ability.

Comment

Working...
        X