• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blears has resigned.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank god that vile little woman has gone, did she remind anyone else of Delores Umbridge?

Comment

Originally posted by JamieMoles View Post
      Thank god that vile little woman has gone, did she remind anyone else of Delores Umbridge?

Spot on Jamie... thats exactly who she reminded me of!!
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Rats leaving a sinking ship.

I seem to recall a similar scenario towards the end of Majors government. I suppose it's a product of any British government that's been in power too long.

Good riddance indeed Mitch.

Comment

Looks like there's a little more to it. Seems there's another home she's flipped.

DT linky

Or is this the labour spin machine trying to discredit her even more now that she's broken ranks?

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
            Rats leaving a sinking ship.
            I suspect that they think that if they can distance themselves from Brown, they might yet save their seats. And who can blame them for not wanting to give up their cushy little jobs?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              I suspect that they think that if they can distance themselves from Brown, they might yet save their seats. And who can blame them for not wanting to give up their cushy little jobs?
              Indeed and another clear example of why the term Honourable isn't valid in the house no matter how many times they bandy it about.

Originally posted by JamieMoles View Post
              Now you mention it, yes I can see the similarities. I used to see her as a Hobbit, but Delores Umbridge is a far better comparison.

Comment

I seem to remember on of those online lookeelikee things with her and Wee Jimmy Crankie.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...BK_800x772.jpg
                Last edited by The Lone Gunman; 3 June 2009, 13:24.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Sky are saying this

But the Daily Telegraph now reports Hazel Blears' resignation as Communities Secretary was triggered by the discovery that she avoided paying tax on the sale of a second property.

The paper says the property had been designated as her second home for the purposes of claiming expenses but was declared as her first home for tax purposes.

"She was apparently concerned that the full details would soon emerge - possibly as early as today," the paper said.

However, a spokesman for Ms Blears said the information had been available on her website since last month and insisted the allegations had "nothing to do with her decision to resign".

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Pol...00906115294595
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Hazel Blears has just left the building...and jumped on a train to salford.
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Blears has resigned.

Oh, and one more thing Hazel . . . . .

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                      X