• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boom boom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Grats Cheesy, it seems a fair few benched have got new gigs at the end of May rather unexpected that since hiring usually slows down heavily in the summer.

That's a hopeful sign.
    This is no normal summer!

Remember that budget freeze has caused a lot of hiring slowdown. Not purely direct impact of the recession, but fear of how far it will go.
    One of my interviews today came back from the dead after >1 month of applying. That one was apparently because of budget 'unfreezing'.

I just hope for everyone that budget thaw becomes a trend.

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
      You have had a Special Day today. I trust you are out celebrating right now!
      I'm cream crackered after a long hot day so having a few frosty ones at home, but am feeling very
      Out on the town tomorrow night

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
      They weren't meant to be but ... they probably did add to your confidence, top up the morale and help sharpen up your interview technique.
      Certainly did that. One of the unsuccessful ones was a permy interview with about 8 of those "so describe a time when you did X, when Y was a problem and tell us how you dealt with that situation, and what you learned from it" type questions. Great practice, because one of them came up today.

Comment

Well done and thanks...

You have given me hope
        Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Let's toast the cheese slice!

I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...