• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Much underrated

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am much underrated - undeservedly so

Comment

Rory Gallagher - Music
      Real Ale - Beverage
      Fried Egg Sarni - Yumm
      'elf and safety guru

Comment

Gordon Brown - Saviour of Mankind.

Comment

British Real Ale

[Edit - damn - beaten to it]
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

For music I'd say OMD, who are always seen as a chart hits band (which is true) but also did a load of experimental and downright weird stuff which still sounds great. Dazzle Ships is a classic album.

Also, Trans-Global Underground. Wonderfully diverse music collective (i.e. different line-up on each album or even each song).

Film would be Yellowbeard. It gets terrible reviews whenever it gets shown, but it's actually brilliant and the reviewers are just copying off each other.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
              For music I'd say OMD, who are always seen as a chart hits band (which is true) but also did a load of experimental and downright weird stuff which still sounds great. Dazzle Ships is a classic album.

Also, Trans-Global Underground. Wonderfully diverse music collective (i.e. different line-up on each album or even each song).

Film would be Yellowbeard. It gets terrible reviews whenever it gets shown, but it's actually brilliant and the reviewers are just copying off each other.
              Agreed - it's sooooo funny. Seriously reminds me of my childhood
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                Agreed - it's sooooo funny. Seriously reminds me of my childhood
                Yup, excellent film. Beryl Reid being indecently assaulted in a bush. Classic
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Yup, excellent film. Beryl Reid being indecently assaulted in a bush. Classic
                  - the whole thing is full of that malarkey. Spike Milligan is hilarious in it too.

I love the bit where he finds out his son is a gardner.... "a gardner, a Yellowbeard gardner"
                  Bazza gets caught

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    - the whole thing is full of that malarkey. Spike Milligan is hilarious in it too.

I love the bit where he finds out his son is a gardner.... "a gardner, a Yellowbeard gardner"
                    Cheech and Chong do a great cameo double act as well. The cast list was like a who's who of British and American comedy at the time.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      Cheech and Chong do a great cameo double act as well. The cast list was like a who's who of British and American comedy at the time.
                      Oh yeah... the spanish boys one with the lisp
                      Bazza gets caught

Comment

Working...
                      X